My First Trip to the Pharmacy

When I was writing to you yesterday I was getting prepared to go to the chemist for the first time since Coronavirus Lockdown. I really wasn’t looking forward to the whole ordeal. But I was prepared. I had rang the day before to check that my prescription was ready. The lady on the other end of the phone has suggested I go at 4:30pm when they find the queue of people waiting was shorter.

I managed to persuade Caitlin to come with me in the car. It isn’t that far away, but the car hasn’t had a run anywhere in over a week. So we drove the long way round and Caitlin stayed with the car engine running whilst I went and joined the back of the line.

They were only letting one person at a time into the shop. It is pretty small so that makes sense. There were two men waiting outside at a sensible distance from each other when I got there. Soon there were a couple of people behind me. One of which wasn’t really keeping far enough away but a look soon sorted that out.

I think I waited about 10-15 minutes to get inside. The lady behind the counter had a huge plastic screen to protect her and a small hole for the pay machine and to pass medicines through. There was also tape on the floor so that you would remember to still keep your distance. All in all it was pretty well organised.

The same, unfortunately, can’t be said of the Spar. I went in after the pharmacy as I needed butter. They were not restricting the amount of people going in at any one time. There were gaps on the shelves and people were just passing each other willy-nilly in the aisles. When you came to queue there was tape on the floor. But the guy in front of me didn’t seem to want to take notice of that.

I felt bad for the woman behind the counter. She was standing back when someone approached and put their basket next to the till. She was then asking them to move away whilst she scanned the shopping and packed it. She would then move back so the shopper could use the card machine. Again, the man in front of me just wasn’t getting it. A couple of times she jumped backwards and had to ask him to keep his distance.

Not a parkrun

This morning I decided to go for my longer run rather than the usual Saturday morning 5k. I found it a bit tough to start off but once I was warmed up by running down a very nice bank I soon found my rhythm. In our Facebook running group one of the admins has set us a challenge of taking photos of ourselves on our weekend runs as a kind of I Spy and Alphabet game.

We have from Friday evening to Sunday evening to find three things. This week we had to take a photo of:

  1. Apple
  2. Bus stop
  3. Cone

I found the bus stop without any problem at all. In fact I probably ran past about 50 of them in total by the time I got home. I think I ran past some cones pretty early on in my run but didn’t remember that I was trying to get the challenge items. After that I did see a couple so took photos of those. Apple was a little more difficult. It being a little early to see apples growing on the trees. We had been told we could be inventive, so I took a photo of what I thought was apple blossom on the spring trees and also my Apple Watch.

Come and Join Us

Later Loraine and I will be doing a live chat with April from Skeino. It will be interesting to hear how the Coronavirus pandemic has affected her, her family and her business. Join us in our Knitting Across the Pennines group from 5pm UK time.

If you can’t watch live then we will be posting the video on our You Tube.

If you liked this post please check out my others – Emma’s Blog

Want the latest news and pattern updates?

Want the latest news and pattern updates?

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

I'm so pleased to have you join our list, welcome!

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to content